If you have time, here is where you can help/participate.
- Click to Volunteer »
Science VideosConvection Currents Demo »
Strawberry DNA Lab »
Catapult Lab »
Viewing the Solar Eclipse »
- I am so excited for the Cadet Activities!
- "Thank you for your positive comments and your positive influence on my son. Garrett seems to be enjoying school more than usual this year, and is looking forward to the many opportunities provided at the Academy."
- "I wanted to take the time and tell you guys that it's been an amazing school for my Son. He loves school is always excited about going and he is working on bettering his body for the raiders that he is excited about doing."
Camp Williams Newsletter
Athletics: Week of Nov. 12th - 30th
- Nov 12th Monday: Jr High Boys Basketball Game @ Home vs Providence Hall 4:30
- Nov 14th Wednesday Jr High Boys Basketball Game @ Home vs Athlos 4:30
- Nov 19th Monday: Jr High Boys Basketball Game @ Home vs Renaissance 4:30
- Nov 20th Tuesday: High School Men’s Basketball Game @ Home vs Juan Diego JV 6:00 Varsity 7:30.
NO SPORTS/PRACTICES OR TEAM MEETINGS NOVEMBER 22-25th
- Nov 26th Monday Jr High Boys Basketball Game @ Home vs Summit Academy 4:30
- Nov 27th Tuesday High School Women’s Basketball Game @ Westlake JV 3:30 Varsity 5:15.
- Nov 28th Wednesday Jr High Boys Basketball @ Reagan Academy 4:30
- Nov 28th Wednesday High School Boys Basketball @ APA West Valley JV 5:30 Varsity 7:00.
- November 29th Thursday High School Women’s Basketball @ APA West Valley JV 5:30, Varsity 7:00.
Make sure and Check out the schedules on our athletics website @ Marauderathletics.com
Academic Success Tips
Please check your cadet's grades, assignments, and scores on Aspire. In order to create an Aspire account you need to click on the Aspire link on the website and choose request a username. You will need your cadet's student ID number (on their card) to link your accounts. To see what scores your cadet has received on individual assignments or see what they are missing please click on the name of the class. This will bring up a new page with an assignment/assessment list for that class. This will help your cadet in discussions with teachers or when looking things up on Canvas.
Attend Intervention Time.
Encourage your cadet to take advantage of the Platoon Intervention time. Currently this is only available for cadets in 9-12th grades. This is during period B5. If a cadet has a D or less in any class they have to go to that class or a study hall room in order to improve their grade. If cadets have a C- or better in all of their classes they can choose to go the gym. All cadets have a chance to retake assessments or redo assignments to get a better grade for a two week period after the initial due date. Have a discussion with your cadet about where they are going to go during Platoon Intervention time on Tuesday, Thursday, and B day Fridays to ensure they are passing all of their classes.
Many teachers have assignments and assessments available for cadets to access on Canvas. You can find a link to Canvas through our website. Here is a link to instructions on how to access and use Canvas. https://www.umavp.org/dynamic/content/1144/126/canvas_parent_guide.pdf
After school Tutoring.
Most teachers are available one or more days after school during Team Time (Tuesday-Thursday) to help cadets. Please contact your cadet's teacher to find out what times they are available after school. Teacher's email addresses are found by clicking the little envelope next to the teacher's name on Aspire.