If you have time, here is where you can help/participate.
- Click to Volunteer »
Science VideosConvection Currents Demo »
Strawberry DNA Lab »
Catapult Lab »
Viewing the Solar Eclipse »
- I am so excited for the Cadet Activities!
- "Thank you for your positive comments and your positive influence on my son. Garrett seems to be enjoying school more than usual this year, and is looking forward to the many opportunities provided at the Academy."
- "I wanted to take the time and tell you guys that it's been an amazing school for my Son. He loves school is always excited about going and he is working on bettering his body for the raiders that he is excited about doing."
Camp Williams Newsletter
PLEASE READ AND UNDERSTAND THE FOLLOWING:
1) Focus on Competency, not Completion
a) Teachers will accept all late work for full credit
b) Be flexible and understanding
c) Teachers will excuse assignments or create new ones as they see fit-- to measure competency and give an appropriate grade
2) Teachers should stop issuing new assignments between May 1-6
3) "Final grades" should be set by May 8th
4) After May 8th,
a) Teachers will focus on cadets that need to bring up their grades
b) Grades cannot drop, only raise
c) Assessments may be created and given in lieu of other assignments to measure competency
5) Final grades locked in Aspire by May 22nd
6) No Fail - use letter grades, but F’s will be changed to Incomplete
a) Teachers will allow cadets to turn in assignments to fix Incompletes
b) Final day to fix Incompletes is May 29th
Directions for SENIORS only:
1) No new assignments after May 1st
2) Final grades posted May 8th
a) No fixing grades (Credit Recovery) after May 8th!
We will not be doing Summer school, Credit Recovery ends May 15th. Please get your grades up, and credit recovery done before then. If you need to make up credits this summer, you are welcome to contact Dorius Academy (also known as Northridge Learning Center.) Located in Salt Lake City, South Jordan, and Orem. They sell packets for $75/per quarter Credit. You can also order them online. Upon completion, they will send a certified transcript to UMA, and we can add the grades received, to your transcripts.
We are still waiting to hear what the Governor will say about the plan of action regarding the Covid 19. Once that is known we will give you the format for Graduation. Our hearts go out to the Seniors, as this is usually a fun time for them. We will make it as fun as possible.
Uniform Return for Cadets not Returning
Locker Clean Out
will be conducted by using Sign Up Genius. If your working schedule does not allow for you to bring your cadet in, please call the school office to schedule an after hours appointment. As of now, we are still in a reduced gathering size, please try to not bring extra family members with you when your cadet comes to clean out their locker. If at that time you know your cadet has passed all their classes, please feel free to bring any Chromebook that has been checked out to your cadet. Click Here to Sign Up:
Please read the Grading Policy that has been sent along in this newsletter. If your cadet has a sufficient grade in all their classes and they will not be using the Chromebook for school for the rest of May, please feel free to bring the Chromebook with you when you clean out the cadet's locker. If you still need to use the Chromebook for school work, we will be sending out another Sign Up Genius at the end of May for Chromebooks to be returned the first week of June for families who have been issued Chromebook(s).
Facebook - From FSG to PIC
You will be invited to this private group. So please don’t share your invitation to anyone. ONLY UMA parents/guardians are invited to this group. We appreciate all the things our FSG group has done for UMA! Thanks!