If you have time, here is where you can help/participate.
- Click to Volunteer »
Science VideosConvection Currents Demo »
Strawberry DNA Lab »
Catapult Lab »
Viewing the Solar Eclipse »
- I am so excited for the Cadet Activities!
- "Thank you for your positive comments and your positive influence on my son. Garrett seems to be enjoying school more than usual this year, and is looking forward to the many opportunities provided at the Academy."
- "I wanted to take the time and tell you guys that it's been an amazing school for my Son. He loves school is always excited about going and he is working on bettering his body for the raiders that he is excited about doing."
Camp Williams Newsletter
Winter Wonderland Ball - High School Only
- Saturday, January 18th from 7pm to 10pm at Utah Military Academy Camp Williams Campus!
- You can purchase your tickets at the office. Ticket prices are: Singles $7.00, Couples $12.00. At the door Singles $10.00, Couples $15.00
- Attire is formal dress. This event is for High School Cadets only and Refreshments will be provided.
Prepare to have a Fun Time!
- Tuesday, January 28th
- Time: 6:30pm to 7:30pm
- Where: Utah Military Academy Camp Williams Campus
West Point Academy Information Event
- When: Monday, January 27; 6:30-8:00 PM
- Where: Ft. Douglas Post Theater – 245 Ft. Douglas Blvd, SLC (by University of Utah)
- RSVP to Colonel Kevin Riedler at email@example.com no later than Jan 22 to let him know you are attending.
The Marine Corps Scholarship Foundation
Service Academy Summer Leadership Seminars
- Air Force Academy https://www.academyadmissions.com/admissions/outreach-programs/summer-seminar/
- Naval Academy https://www.usna.edu/Admissions/Programs/NASS.php#fndtn-panel1-Steps-For.
- West Point https://www.westpoint.edu/admissions/summer-program.
SAME Engineering Camp
USU Aggie Aviation Adventure
application now open, camp is June 1-5 or 8-12. Cost is $500, includes room, board, and flight (simulator, airplane flight, and helicopter flight). First come first serve and camps are filling fast. Register at http://youth.usu.edu
National Flight Academy Scholarships for Dependents of Military/Retired Military
Tuition scholarships are valued at $1,250 each. Delta does NOT cover travel to and from the National Flight Academy in Pensacola, FL. However, shuttle service is provided from Pensacola International Airport to the NFA for those students traveling by air.
HOW TO WIN A SCHOLARSHIP: Cadets must compete for a scholarship seat via a Video or Essay Submission. Winning students will receive a scholarship to the National Flight Academy!
REQUIREMENTS:• Applicants must be 11-17 years-old at time of attendance • Applicants must be preparing to enter grades 7-12 • Applicants must be a military dependent
VIDEO CONTEST OPTION: • Video must range between 1:00 - 1:30 minutes long • Applicants must upload video on their own YouTube Channel • Video must feature the child’s OWN work! Judging will be based on effort, originality, creativity and understanding of STEM concepts
ESSAY CONTEST OPTION: • To the best of the student’s ability, write a 500-word essay (450 - 550 words are acceptable, if the topic is covered) • Essay must be typed in a word processor, then copy and paste it into the corresponding text box on the submission application portal (link is below) • Essay should represent the child’s OWN work
VIDEO OR ESSAY MUST ANSWER ONE OF THE FOLLOWING PROMPTS: 1. If you have flown before, how did science and engineering help you have a safe flight? 2. How would you like to see Delta Air Lines use science, technology, engineering and math to make flying more fun for passengers?
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: Video & Essay Submission Deadline: Parents must submit their child’s video or essay through this portal https://tinyurl.com/v7kdk8j by Friday, February 21 @ 12:00 pm CST. Any videos or essays submitted after this deadline will not be considered.
IF SELECTED: Selected students will be notified by the NFA no later than Friday, February 28, 2020 at 12:00 pm CST via the parent’s email address provided during the submission process. Selected students must be available to attend one of the following weeks: (The NFA cannot guarantee choice of weeks but will accommodate as best they can.) • June 7 - June 12 • June 21 - June 26 Girls in Aviation Week • July 26 - July 31
For more information or to ask questions please contact 850-458-STEM | | NationalFlightAcademy.com | 1 Fetterman Way, NAS Pensacola, FL 32508
Help get the Music Department to Washington, D.C. by purchasing fresh produce for your family. We are taking orders for boxes of citrus fruit (oranges, grapefruits, and clementines) that will be delivered in March, fresh from farms in California. If you are interested in placing an order, forms are going out to music cadets. You can also place an order online (local orders only) by going to https://farmfreshfundraising.rallyup.com/utahmilitaryacademy. Thank you for your support!
- January 21st Tuesday Women’s Basketball @ Freedom 5:30; 7:00
- January 22nd Wednesday Men’s Basketball @ Draper APA 3:30; 5:15; 7:00
- January 23rd Thursday Women’s Basketball @ HOME vs American Heritage 5:30; 7:00
- January 24th Friday Men’s Basketball @ HOME vs RSL 5:30; 7:00
- January 28th Tuesday Women’s Basketball @ RSL 5:30; 7:00
- January 29th Wednesday Men’s Basketball @ American Heritage 3:30; 5:15; 7:00
- January 31st Friday Men’s Basketball @ HOME vs Merit Varsity Only 7:00