If you have time, here is where you can help/participate.
- Click to Volunteer »
Science VideosConvection Currents Demo »
Strawberry DNA Lab »
Catapult Lab »
Viewing the Solar Eclipse »
- I am so excited for the Cadet Activities!
- "Thank you for your positive comments and your positive influence on my son. Garrett seems to be enjoying school more than usual this year, and is looking forward to the many opportunities provided at the Academy."
- "I wanted to take the time and tell you guys that it's been an amazing school for my Son. He loves school is always excited about going and he is working on bettering his body for the raiders that he is excited about doing."
COL (R) Andrew Wood
Senior JROTC Instructor
Colonel Wood is the Senior Army Instructor for the Utah Military Academy’s JROTC Program. Colonel Wood is a retired US Army Special Forces Qualified Officer. He also retired from the U.S. Bureau of Reclamation as a division chief for the Upper Colorado Region’s Safety, Security, and Dam Safety Program.
He has 39 1/2 years of military total service time, 9 1/2 years enlisted and 30 years as an officer. Most of his service was in the 19th Special Forces Group of the Utah Army National Guard.
He was mobilized several times, Afghanistan from 03-04, southern Philippines 07-08,Libya 2012. Colonel Wood has been awarded a Bronze Star and the Defense Meritorious Service Medal along with other Department of Defense ribbons for recognition of his service.
Colonel Wood holds a Bachelors of Science in Civil Engineering from BYU, a Masters of Business Administration from TUI, and a Masters of Strategic Studies from the U.S.Army War College.
He is married with 4 Children, 3 sons and a daughter. Two of his oldest sons are serving in the Utah National Guard. He has 13 grandchildren.
- Registered Professional Civil Engineer State of Utah
- Member of American Society of Industrial Security
- Honorary Colonels Corps Utah National Guard
- American Legion Post 13 Utah
- Special Forces Association Chapter 70
- Eagle Scout