Teaching tomorrow's leaders, today!

Carson Scholarship Information

We are required by Utah Code Section 53A-1a-704(10) to inform you, if you are a parent of a student with an IEP enrolled in a public school, of the availability of a scholarship to attend a private school through the Carson Smith Special Needs Scholarship Program. Further information is available at: http://www.schools.utah.gov/sars/Scholarships.aspx 

SPED Policies


Procedural Safeguards

Utah Parent Center

Vocational Rehab

Other Resources & Information

The Utah State Board of Education Special Education Rights of Parents and Children Procedural Safeguards states, "Each student’s records may be considered “no longer needed to provide educational services” and may be destroyed three years after the student graduates or three years after the student turns 22 under IDEA."  Your students records will be retained for three years post graduation.  At which time, the file will be permanently destroyed.  The adult student may retrieve their IEP file, in it's entirety, prior to the end of the three year period following graduation, by contacting the school office

A D D I T I O N A L   R E S O U R C E S

Utah Parent Center

The mission of the Utah Parent Center (UPC) is to help parents help their children with disabilities to live included, productive lives as members of the community.  

  • www.utahparentcenter.org 
  • 1 800-468-1160     
  • 230 West 200 South, Ste 1101, Salt Lake City, UT  84101

Dr. Sam Goldstein is Variety of online resources dealing with AD/HD and other topics, as well as posted some of Dr. Sam Goldstein's articles online. Click the resources tab at http://samgoldstein.com/

Help Me Grow is an info-line that can connect parents with children from birth to age 8 years to community services. Parents, healthcare providers, educators or anyone else can have a single point of access to multiple resources and services for children in Utah County. Simply dial 2-1-1 and ask for Help Me Grow. 

Medical Home Portal: Reliable information and resources to help physicians and parents care for children and youth with special health care needs (CYSHCN) https://www.medicalhomeportal.org/  

Utah Chapter of the International Dyslexia Association a coalition of concerned parents and educators who are dedicated to addressing the needs of the children in Utah who have the learning difference of dyslexia. Excellent resource links for dyslexia issues. http://idarmb.org/

Learning Disabilities Association of Utah 

https://www.ldau.org/   1.801.553.9156

Utah State University - Center for Persons with Disabilities

The CPD provides a variety of community services, including training and technical assistance to consumers, families, professionals and paraprofessionals, policymakers and students. 

  • 6800 Old Main Hill, Logan, UT 84321
  • Phone: (435) 797-1981

Quest for What's Best 

This website is maintained by a school counselor and a Mom of children with challenges. The local (within Utah) resources on the webpage are worth reviewing. The resources are constantly being updated, so please return here frequently to get the latest information. 

  • Intermountain Healthcare Resources on ADHD  https://intermountainhealthcare.org/search-results/?kwds=resources%20on%20ADHD
  • Basic handouts on ADHD in English and Spanish 
  • Fact sheets for parents of students with ADHD, on working with teachers — in English and Spanish. 
  • A handout for teachers on managing ADHD‐like behaviors in the classroom, assisting with ADHD evaluations, and working with the families of students diagnosed with ADHD 

Workforce Services https://jobs.utah.gov/

Utah Parent Center https://utahparentcenter.org/

230 W 200 S #1101

Salt Lake City, UT 84101


Utah Department of Vocational Rehabilitation 


Utah Department of Persons with Disabilities

Utah Disability Law Center


205 N 400 W 

Salt Lake City, UT 84103


Utah State Office of Educations


250 E 500 S

Salt Lake City, UT 84111


Utah Division of Juvenile Justice Services (JJS)


(801) 627-0322  

 195 North 1950 West

Salt Lake City, UT 84116

Utah Drivers License Division and Department of Motor Vehicles



DMV Accomodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act:

Email taxada@utah.gov

Phone: 801-297-3811

Or call our Telecommunication Device for the Deaf (TDD) at 801-297-2020. Please allow 3 working days for a response. 

14555 South Minuteman Drive

Draper, UT 84020

Customer Services: 801-965-4437 (0800-1700)

Fax: 801-816-2630

Hours Mon-Friday 0700-1800

Utah Public Libraries https://onlinelibrary.utah.gov/libraries/public.html 

Family Support & Treatment Center: http://www.utahvalleyfamilysupport.org/ 

Joy A. O'Banion Building

1255 N 1200 W

Orem, UT 84057

Phone: 801-229-1181

Fax: 801-229-2787