If you have time, here is where you can help/participate.
- Click to Volunteer »
Science VideosConvection Currents Demo »
Strawberry DNA Lab »
Catapult Lab »
Viewing the Solar Eclipse »
- I am so excited for the Cadet Activities!
- "Thank you for your positive comments and your positive influence on my son. Garrett seems to be enjoying school more than usual this year, and is looking forward to the many opportunities provided at the Academy."
- "I wanted to take the time and tell you guys that it's been an amazing school for my Son. He loves school is always excited about going and he is working on bettering his body for the raiders that he is excited about doing."
Special Education Resources
Utah Parent Center
The mission of the Utah Parent Center (UPC) is to help parents help their children with disabilities to live included, productive lives as members of the community.
- 1 800-468-1160
- 230 West 200 South, Ste 1101, Salt Lake City, UT 84101
Dr. Sam Goldstein
Variety of online resources dealing with AD/HD and other topics, as well as posted some of Dr. Sam Goldstein's articles online.
Click the resources tab at http://samgoldstein.com/
Help Me Grow is an info-line that can connect parents with children from birth to age 8 years to community services. Parents, healthcare providers, educators or anyone else can have a single point of access to multiple resources and services for children in Utah County. Simply dial 2-1-1 and ask for Help Me Grow.
Medical Home Portal: Reliable information and resources to help physicians and parents care for children and youth with special health care needs (CYSHCN) https://www.medicalhomeportal.org/
Utah Chapter of the International Dyslexia Association a coalition of concerned parents and educators who are dedicated to addressing the needs of the children in Utah who have the learning difference of dyslexia. Excellent resource links for dyslexia issues. http://idarmb.org/
Learning Disabilities Association of Utah https://www.ldau.org/ 1.801.553.9156
Utah State University - Center for Persons with Disabilities The CPD provides a variety of community services, including training and technical assistance to consumers, families, professionals and paraprofessionals, policymakers and students.
Quest for What’s Best This website is maintained by a school counselor and a Mom of children with challenges. The local (within Utah) resources on the webpage are worth reviewing. The resources are constantly being updated, so please return here frequently to get the latest information.
- Intermountain Healthcare Resources on ADHD https://intermountainhealthcare.org/search-results/?kwds=resources%20on%20ADHD
- Basic handouts on ADHD in English and Spanish
- Fact sheets for parents of students with ADHD, on working with teachers — in English and Spanish.
- A handout for teachers on managing ADHD‐like behaviors in the classroom, assisting with ADHD evaluations, and working with the families of students diagnosed with ADHD
Workforce Services: https://jobs.utah.gov/
Utah Parent Center
230 W 200 S #1101
Salt Lake City, UT 84101
Utah Department of Vocational Rehabilitation
Utah Department of Persons with Disabilities
Utah Disability Law Center
205 N 400 W
Salt Lake City, UT 84103
Utah State Office of Education
250 E 500 S, Salt Lake City, UT 84111
Utah Division of Juvenile Justice Services (JJS)
195 North 1950 West
Salt Lake City, UT 84116
Utah Drivers License Division and Department of Motor Vehicles
DMV accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act:
or call our Telecommunication Device for the Deaf (TDD) at 801-297-2020. Please allow three working days for a response.
14555 South Minuteman Drive
Draper, Utah 84020
Customer Service: 801.965.4437 (8:00am-5:00pm)
Hours: Monday – Friday
7:00am to 6:00pm
Utah Public Libraries
Family Support and Treatment Center: http://www.utahvalleyfamilysupport.org/
JOY A. O’BANION BUILDING
1255 N 1200 W
OREM, UT 84057